Mikel is at tonight’s WWE SmackDown! tapings from Jacksonville, Florida, which airs this Friday on SyFy, and has sent along the following notes and results from the show:
Tables, ladders and chairs are set up around the ring to promote next weekend’s TLC pay-per-view. Out first is Lilian Garcia, who is making her return to the company as the permanent SmackDown! ring announcer, as noted previously.
The announcers come down but Booker T is attacked from behind by Cody Rhodes. Lilian speaks to the crowd about her return but Cody interrupts her and says he will be the announcer tonight. It is announced that tonight’s show will have a series of Beat The Clock Matches.
(1) Wade Barrett defeated Ezekiel Jackson.
(2) In Divas action, the team of Beth Phoenix and Natlaya defeat Kaitlyn and AJ. After the match-up, Kaityln ended up turning on AJ and joined Natalya & Beth’s Divas of Doom faction.
Backstage, Money in the Bank winner Daniel Bryan is interviewed by Josh Matthews about losing to Mark Henry inside a Steel Cage Match last week and not winning World Title. Bryan called out Michael Cole and went to confront him, but Cody Rhodes ended up stopping and attacking him.
(3) Ted DiBiase defeated Jinder Mahal. The match was said to not have gone over well with the crowd.
In an in-ring segment, Big Show and Mark Henry trash talk each other. However, Henry offers Big Show a handshake. Henry then insists that Show isn’t the monster that we used to know him as. This causes Big Show to get offended by the comments and assaulting Henry with a steel chair.
(4) Sheamus defeated David Otunga in a quick bout.
The company then aired the “It Begins” ad that we saw last night on RAW featuring the words “Look within.” After the ad played in front of the audience, the Jacksonville crowd started a huge “Y2J” chant.
(5) Zack Ryder defeated Heath Slater. Ryder was over with the crowd. He reportedly earned one of the top babyface reactions of the night by far.
(6) Cody Rhodes defeated Daniel Bryan via disqualification after Booker T got into the ring and attacked Rhodes.
Backstage, Teddy Long and Aksana are having another segment together when Cody Rhodes barges in and demands a match against Booker T. Long agrees and makes the match for the TLC pay-per-view for the Intercontinental Championship.
(7) Randy Orton defeated Dolph Ziggler with 2 seconds left on the clock to beat the clock. He decided that he would have a tables match against Wade Barrett at TLC.