Below are a few notes from the WrestleMania Art show at The FOX Theater in Atlanta, Georgia last night, thanks to Gerald:
* Between 150 and 200 fans were present for the red carpet event. The red carpet event was $10 while admission for the art show was $60.
* Most of the WWE Superstar and Divas’ art pieces were sold, raising money for charity.
* Matt Striker, the emcee, hyped up a special mystery guest but they didn’t appear due to the bad weather and traffic.
* The WWE Superstars and Divas arrived in limousines and most of them had Make-A-Wish kids as their dates.
* Jerry Lawler’s piece may have been the most noteworthy as he drew a portrait of Vince McMahon, Vince McMahon Sr. and Shane McMahon.
– Here’s an interesting statistic on LayCool. In 2010, Layla worked 71 WWE live event matches while Michelle McCool worked 17 events, and this was before McCool’s foot injury happened. McCool was rarely booked on live events because of her husband, The Undertaker’s seniority in the company. McCool was kept off the road while Taker was injured to help him recover at home.